Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...

Off I go tomorrow to people watch, play penny slots, see shows, eat delicious food, walk hand-in-hand with my husband, and try to find a little piece of hope and happiness in Fabulous Las Vegas.
The 7th is/was my EDD and the 12th is our anniversary. I'll be back the 13th in time for the next school to start-meetings, getting my classroom ready-and the horrible anxiety of starting a new year. I also have an appt set up with my peri to discuss a (hypothetical) subsequent pregnancy.

I am having a really, really hard day today. I spent the afternoon with my best friend K and her new son (the adopted one from Ethiopia) and while it is so amazing to spend time with him I can't help but notice...the club that she is a part of that I am not. The smiles she gets. The questions she gets. Most of all, the way that she is THE most important person to her son. He needs her. She is his mom, and he only wants her.

Someday, right? Someday.

10 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

I'll keep wishing and hoping for you.
xo

Mirne said...

Enjoy your time in Las Vegas with your husband.

Bluebird said...

Thinking of you. Hope you're able to enjoy holding hands and playing penny slots ;)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope you have a wonderful time.
Take care & God Bless. (HUGS)

Anonymous said...

I know, I know, I wanna be in the club, too.

I hope Vegas is WONDERFUL and distracting and you and DH connect and really enjoy each other.

Shanti Mama said...

Enjoy your time away.

The appointment to talk about the hypothetical pregnancy helped to rid me of much anxiety. I hope it does the same for you.

Nan & Mike said...

Someday, definitely :) Hope you can focus on some fun time for you and hubby, you deserve it. Enjoy and be safe! xo Nan

Akul's mama said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I really hope the hypothetical pregnancy you talk about becomes real and results in a healthy little baby that you get to bring home.

Kristy said...

Thinking of you today...I know its a hard day. *hugs*
I hope this little vacation is the relaxation and escape you need.
I have my fingers crossed for a great appt with your peri and that this hypothetical baby is a reality VERY soon.
*hugs*
PS...Happy early Anniversary!

Christmas with Kasey said...

I hope you have fun in Vegas! It might be that much needed vacation to help that "hypothetical" pregnancy become a reality! ((Hugs))