I have been nominated for the Honest Scrap award I have to say that, especially in my emotional state, this made me come very close to crying. I can't believe how lucky I am to have this blog, this community, the internet. My mom did not have these opportunities when she lost my sister. I feel so lucky to have all of you!
There are some simple rules to accept this award. Firstly, pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and secondly, list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.
So, I pass this award on to:
Stacey @ http://iamstacey.wordpress.com/
Bluebird @ http://littlebluebirdsfly.blogspot.com/
Krista @ http://jandkplustwo.blogspot.com/
Nan @ http://rememberingourtripletangels.blogspot.com/
Lea @ http://nicholastouch.blogspot.com/
Bree @ http://butterflybaby15.blogspot.com/
Avery & Sophie's mom @ http://hisaak.wordpress.com/
and here are my ten honest and hopefully interesting things....
1. I teach very beginning French, and I run my class using total immersion. Meaning from day 1, 90% of the time I speak only French to them. They absolutely love it and it is so effective. And it's fun! By the end of the class, they have learned so much!
2. I met my husband while working at a French immersion summer camp in the middle of Minnesota. He teaches high school French. We only use it together when we don't want other people to understand what we are saying!!!
3. I absolutely. HATE. people in masks/costumes. I have been chased around places by our school mascot, a man dressed like a leprechaun because people think it's hilarious how scared I get. It totally just freaks me the heck out.
4. I love musicals. When I was growing up, I lived about an hour train ride from Chicago. My mom and I would save up and buy tickets to Saturday matinees and take the train down. I've seen over 20 and love it!
5. I have been to France 6 times in the last 8 years. I love it there and I wish more than anything that we could run away from here and move there. One of the main things that is stopping me is that my dog would have to be quarantined. Well, and I'd miss my mom. I do like Paris, but it is by far not my favorite. I actually love the rainy north the best.
6. I am a book fanatic. I love, love, love to read. I read all kinds of books-including young adult books. They're actually my favorite. My real dream is to write young adult books-since I work with middle schoolers and feel like I kinda understand them.
7. My parents are divorced and my dad and I estranged. During the divorce, he sued me for student loan payments and wrote a letter telling the dept of ed that I had forged his signature to get out a loan (obv. not true). He also canceled my health insurance by forging my signature and w/out knowing that I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery. All because I wouldn't talk to him since I was angry that he had an affair. I also found out through an email from him that he is not actually my sister's father-neither she or I knew this.
To this day he has no idea what he did wrong.
8. I secretly want to be a principal of a school someday.
9. I love all music. When I'm the most sad, I crank it up as loud as I can. When I was growing up and my parents would fight all the time, I'd lock myself in my room and crank it up. It can pretty much lift me out of the depths...well, almost always. Not as much recently.
10. I try so hard to pretend I don't follow fads, but really-I've read Twilight and I LOVED it. I am so a person who jumps on the bandwagon and most of the time I like it! :)