Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The NICU

The NICU in which Sophie and Aiden spent their short lives sent us a package. I didn't exactly know it was from the NICU, I just knew it was from the hospital. I immediately started sobbing when I opened it and saw tissue paper.
There was a handwritten note from the Doctor that took care of the twins for the first 24 hours. She tried so hard to save my beautiful babies.
A handwritten note. From someone who spends 48 hour shifts in the hospital.
There was a card signed by all the nurses.
There were two ornaments-beautiful ornaments-with the babies' names written on them and the year written on the back.
So, so amazing. Just so amazing.


12 comments:

Once A Mother said...

what a beautiful gesture. this post made me cry. the ornaments are beautiful

Catherine W said...

How beautiful. What a lovely doctor.

Rachel said...

That is such a wonderful gesture. I am so happy they did that for you. Beautiful...

Marie W said...

What a great team! Sophie and Aiden (and hubby) are blessed to have had such a great Dr. and team of nurses.

JamieW said...

Wow, that is incredible. I have been amazed at how medical professionals try to distance themselves from grief and tragedy but that is really amazing.

Jen said...

how wonderful~

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, so amazing!!! I bet that meant a lot!!

margaret said...

How beautifully thoughtful of your doctor Christy. I know I've talked to our son's doctors several times since Calvin died and both of them shed alot of tears for us and our boy. I don't think that anyone who works in a Children's hospital or NICU can distance themselves from the pain. I think that is why the nurses and doctors there are so special, because they do truly care. I'm so touched reading this post. Hugs

Just Breathe said...

That is so sweet and caring. I love when you hear about the people who go out of their way to show you that they care. I world needs more people like that.

Courtney said...

That is so incredibly heartfelt. It is very rare when a hospital team of nurses and doctors are so genuine but when you find some that are, they really do tug at your heartstrings. *hugs*

Missing Kasey said...

What a thoughtful gift from their nurses!

Bree said...

What a kind gesture! I adore nurses. Both very beautiful ornaments!