Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An update


This will be a post full of randomness!

I have two best friends, K1 and K2. K1 is in Ethiopia right now picking up her adopted son after a 5 year long fight with infertility and the adoption process. K2 has been trying for 14 months to get pregnant, finally found out she was on Sunday, and miscarried today. I don't understand. I will never, ever understand. I read these blogs and NONE of us deserve this. I am so happy for K1 to finally get her son and I'm so excited to meet him-but at the same time, she will forever and always be sad that she cannot be pregnant.

I went out with a bunch of work friends that I hadn't seen since my water broke. It was strange, but ok. No one brought up the babies, of course, so I did. It was also really sad because one of my colleagues has brain cancer. They just found the second tumor and she's on her third round of chemo/radiation. She is barely recognizable and hard to follow in conversation because she can't recall the words that she needs and sometimes will blurt out things that don't fit in the conversation. With all of that horror, she is in GREAT spirits and just all around amazing. She belly laughed a few times throughout the night. She joked about her bald head. I don't know her too well, but I can tell that she is a fighter. She's in my prayers.

I am starting to get this really strong urge to try again. My doctor told me to wait 6 months. I know I should listen, but it seems like every doctor gives a different amount of time.

I had my first counseling session using EMDR. This needs its own post.

In the meantime, here is the stone we ordered from a nearby garden/nursery place with a gift certificate from some of my friends. I am SO happy with how it turned out:


And here is a beautiful handkerchief I got in the mail from the lovely Deborah over at http://wwwforyourtears.blogspot.com/


She'd really like to help out all of the wonderful ladies that have to deal with some of the worst things imaginable, so head on over and check her out.

I also just want to say hi and thank you to all the ladies that read this blog-it helps me beyond belief when I pound out an awful post, or a "happy" one at that, and within a few minutes sometimes I have comments. Knowing that I have support even from people that have never met me is so amazing.

Love to you all!


3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you so much for the mention of my blog.
I am so sorry for the sorrows your friends are having. I'm glad to hear that K1 is getting a son. K2 is in my prayers. Glad you got to go out with some friends from work. The stone is lovely, what a nice rememberance to have.
Take care & God Bless

Krista said...

Love the stone- it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

The stone is beautiful! I love it! And the hanky is so sweet and thougtful!

I'm so glad you reconnected with friends. I know they feel awkward and don't know what to say. It was brave of you to be able to talk about your sweet babies and all you've been through.

I'm so glad you're starting to feel the desire to try again. You're such an amazing mom! Just think, October is only 3 months away! Then you'll be stronger and healthier and you'll have the full blessing and support of your doc. Believe you me, I know waiting sucks!